When every breath is a challenge, you need the latest news on the most effective treatments for your condition. If you suffer from asthma, bronchitis, COPD, lung cancer, emphysema or sleep apnea, read on... In The 2015 Scientific American Lung Disorders White Paper, you will discover exciting advances and the most useful, current information to help you prevent or treat conditions affecting your lungs. You will learn how to prevent these diseases and, when symptoms arise, the best ways for you to work with your doctor to diagnose and treat them. Introducing ...
The 2015 Scientific American Lung Disorders White Paper
The expertise you need in layperson's language
you can understand and use.
Edited by Peter B. Terry, M.D., M.A.
The 2015 Lung Disorders White Paper provides you with the latest information on the prevention and treatment of COPD, asthma, lung cancer and more, so you can improve your breathing, and work more closely and effectively with your healthcare providers. The 2015 Lung Disorders White Paper is available to order now, so you can start using what you learn right away, to enhance your quality of life and not have to put up any longer with the limitations imposed by these breath-robbing conditions. In The 2015 Lung Disorders White Paper you'll learn:
- Suffering from asthma, COPD, a common cold? Can vitamin D help?
- What yoga can -- and can't -- do for people with asthma.
- Treating COPD flares with steroids: How long is long enough?
- The best candidates for home oxygen therapy.
- The latest trend: Diagnosing sleep apnea at home.
- Ask the doctor: What are the treatment options for daytime sleepiness in a person with mild obstructive sleep apnea?
- At last! Two new treatments for idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis.
- Why you should discuss the risks of lung cancer screening.
- Advice on preventing travel-related blood clots.
- What you need to know about your flu vaccine options.
The 2015 Lung Disorders White Paper also features an illustrated guide to common diseases of the lung, including interstitial lung disease, influenza, lung cancer, pneumonia, emphysema, chronic bronchitis and asthma. Plus, The 2015 Lung Disorders White Paper includes:
- A chart of commonly used bronchodilators, updated for 2015
- A chart of anti-inflammatory drugs, updated for 2015
- A glossary of terms and an index to help you find the topics of interest to you
The report is designed to help you ensure the best outcome. Use what you learn to help you:
- Recognize and respond to symptoms and changes in your breathing and lung function as they occur.
- Communicate effectively with your doctor, ask the right questions about your symptoms and treatment options, and understand the answers.
- Make the most informed decisions, based on an understanding of the newest drugs, the latest therapies, the most promising research.
- Take control over your condition and act from solid, evidence-based knowledge, rather than myths.
... and you'll also learn:
- Side effects of corticosteroids.
- The effects of radon in homes.
- The respiratory symptoms you should not ignore.
- Drugs that can help you kick the smoking habit.
- The newest options for sleep apnea.
- Who is at high risk for deep vein thrombosis (DVT).
- Diagnostic tests for pulmonary embolism.
- How old is too old for lung transplant surgery?
.. and much more.
About Scientific American -- Experts in Science, Technology and Health
Science is at the forefront of advances in the understanding and treatment of lung disorders and other serious diseases. At Scientific American we are uniquely qualified to identify emerging trends in the field of medical research and communicate these findings to you. Our broad international reach enables us to deliver to our readers scientific developments in medical research as they happen and to explain how these advances will impact the health and condition management of our readership.
You can count on Scientific American White Papers to bring you medical information that is trustworthy, impeccably researched and current.
The 2015 Lung Disorders White Paper covers the latest research on:
- Interstitial Lung Disease
- Lung Cancer
- Pulmonary Embolism
- Sleep Apnea
In The 2015 Lung Disorders White Paper, for each of the diseases covered, you'll get:
- A thorough overview of the condition, its causes and symptoms ...
- Treatment options, with expert recommendations ...
- Groundbreaking new research and a review of the latest studies ...
- A glossary of medical terms you need to understand ...
- Lists of health information organizations and support groups that specialize in the disorder ...
But that's not all! Order now, and you'll also receive this FREE Health Tips as an instant download:
FREE Lung Disorders Health Tips:
Breathing Easier -- Coping strategies for a variety of ailments
- Learning to Live with Your CPAP Device.
- Kick that Chronic Cough: Chronic cough is not a disease, but a symptom of another condition. Treating the underlying lung disorder is the key. Medical specialists look at the causes, treatment options and self-care steps if you suffer from chronic cough.
- Debunking Smokers' Myths: Does switching to light cigarettes offer any protection? Can cutting back on how much you smoke make any difference? See what the latest research shows PLUS, you'll get advice on the best tools for quitting once and for all.
- No More Runny Nose! Because it's so common, the 10 to 30 percent of adults who suffer from allergic rhinitis may not seek relief. We explore a variety of treatment strategies designed to stop your allergies from interfering with your ability to live life to the fullest.
- Conserving Energy if You Have COPD: Easy ways to make your everyday tasks less draining if you have chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.
Thanks to this special offer, you can get BOTH the digital and print editions of The 2015 Lung Disorders White Paper now for only $19.95. That's a savings of 50 percent off the regular $39.95 cover price. Order now and download the digital edition right away AND we'll mail you the print version of the White Paper. This way you'll have access to the digital edition immediately and you'll own a printed edition to refer to whenever necessary.
Our no-strings, can't lose,
Your satisfaction is guaranteed. If you aren't completely satisfied with your White Paper, return your White Paper within the 30-day preview period, and we will credit you with a refund. Don't miss this risk-FREE chance to take charge of your health.
You don't have to take our word for it.
Just click below to order BOTH the digital and print editions of The 2015 Lung Disorders White Paper and your FREE Health Tips, Breathing Easier. Keep the free Health Tips even if you decide, for any reason, to return your White Paper.
To keep you on the cutting edge of lung research, we offer an annual renewal service to White Paper readers. That way, your White Paper is always current, never out of date.
A card will be sent to you in advance and if you wish to examine the next year's Lung Disorders White Paper, do nothing and it will arrive automatically with an invoice. If you don't wish to see the new White Paper, simply return the card within 30 days. You may notify us at any time if you don't want to continue in the program.
As we said, your complete satisfaction is fully guaranteed. This urgent information belongs in your hands without another minute's delay.
Yes, I want to order The 2015 Scientific American Lung Disorders White Paper.